You will be joining an experienced and talented team who develop and deliver business applications for the finance community. Our cloud based FastPost Accounting Rules platform & Sub-Ledger provides a 3rd generation solution that help our customers address accounting and analytic requirements driven by new regulatory standards.
The role will provide an opportunity for a motivated graduate to develop a skillset that is in high demand and will continue to become more sought-after as enterprise cloud software services are adopted. The role is based in London (Paddington), but some occasional overseas travel may be required.
- Working on DevOps projects and helping Legerity operate its FastPost Cloud Services on Amazon Web Services.
- Rapidly acquire a general business understanding of the Legerity software and its AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Gain a deep understanding of the AWS Platform and services including EC2, RDS, S3, Glacier, Load Balancing and AWS networking & security
- Learn AWS CLI scripting and control.
- Build skills in managing large PostgreSQL databases on AWS RDS.
- Handling day to day AWS infrastructure request from internal Legerity teams and external customers.
- Create processes and software to facilitate the management and monitoring of Legerity systems including the full lifecycle from initial deployment right through to the archiving and end of life processing of environments.
- Participate in R&D project where new OpenSource technologies are evaluated. Develop an understanding of how these next generation technologies can be leveraged to provide significant business benefit for Legerity’s customers.
- Work in parallel with our Software Development Team who are based in Europe.
Experience and skills:
Computer Science Graduate role, fast learner, motivated, organised, inquisitive and have a strong interest in new technologies Standard Linux skills.
Programming experience with Java, Python or similar modern languages Database experience with PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS’s plus SQL
Understanding the development and deployment of Web Services technologies, especially RESTful services Be highly technical and hands-on.
Able to work on multiple projects and be able to switch tasks when required. Enjoys working in team environment, as well as working on individual goals and objectives.
Any experience with the following technologies would be relevant: AWS, In-Memory technologies, Open Source RDBMS, Hadoop/HDFS and NoSQL.
Please email your CV to: email@example.com
Note: Please include a CV with your application and confirm you are eligible to work in the UK.